Urban Dictionary’s take on the football widow is : A woman who must cope with the temporary death of her relationship during football games.
64 games being played out over 4 weeks – what are you going to do to keep yourself occupied during the ‘wake’ of your relationship?! :-)
Here are some handy ‘survival’ tips!!
1. Make sure there is two televisions in your home! You don’t want to be stuck watching the games and the post match highlights 24/7! Its enough to send anyone crazy!
2. Go shopping – preferably with your partner’s credit card! He’ll soon take his eyes off the television when he’s looking at the credit card statement!
3. If you can’t beat em, join em! Watch the games, perv on the sexy players!! Don’t ask AGAIN about the offside rule…..very annoying apparently!!
4. Suggest that your partner watches the game at the pub with some of his friends. That gets him out of the house and the remote back in your hands. Peace and quiet resumed!
5. If your country’s team lose, don’t try and console your partner by saying ‘its only a game’. This does not go down well. Fact.
Got a football obsessed partner? We want to hear all about it!!
Email your stories to : email@example.com
All stories will be kept anonymous unless you want to name and shame!